The NHS can provide free, non-emergency transport to certain patients who are eligible. For example, a real medical need and/or severe mobility issues.
To make a request for transport, at a time suitable for you, please read the following:
- Call the Patient Transport Clinical Assessment and Advice Centre on 0333 240 4100. This is a 24 hour line.
- Please have your NHS number, details of your GP surgery and hospital clinic and appointment details to hand.
- You will be asked some questions to verify that you are eligible.
- If you are not eligible for transport you will be offered advice on alternative options.
- You can make a booking up to two working days in advance of your appointment.
If you are not eligible for the above NHS transport, there is also a voluntary service that provides hospital transport whereby the patient pays for the mileage costs. The driver will wait for a maximum of two hours whilst you attend your appointment. Telephone 01603 422 807 for more information and to book.
For assistance with travel costs to Addenbrookes Hospital, please call 01223 274 475.