The NHS can provide free, non-emergency transport to certain patients who are eligible, i.e. there must be a real medical need and/or severe mobility issues.
To make a request for transport, at a time suitable for you:
- Call the Patient Transport Clinical Assessment and Advice Centre on 0333 240 4100. This is a 24 hour line.
- Please have your NHS number, details of your GP surgery and hospital clinic and appointment details to hand
- You will be asked some questions to verify that you are eligible
- If you are not eligible for transport you will be offered advice on alternative options
- You can make a booking up to 48 hours in advance of your appointment
If you are not eligible for the above NHS transport, there is also a Voluntary Service, providing hospital transport whereby the patient pays for the mileage costs. The driver will wait for a maximum of 2 hours whilst you attend your appointment. Telephone 01603 422 807 for more information and to book.
For assistance with travel costs to Addenbrookes Hospital, please call 01223 274 475.